Transportation Planning Support
ENPLAN provides environmental services for transportation improvement projects throughout northern California. Our multidisciplinary team of seasoned professionals can provide full environmental compliance for a broad range of transportation improvement projects. We offer particular expertise in conducting environmental studies and documentation for Caltrans “Local Assistance” projects. Given our extensive experience over the past 30 years, we are very familiar with regulatory agency personnel and procedures.
Long-Term Experience Supporting Transportation Projects
ENPLAN professionals work with transportation projects on a daily basis. ENPLAN maintains on-call contracts with three counties and several cities in the North State, with most work under these contracts being devoted to transportation projects. We are known for completion of succinct and accurate reports that meet local, state, and federal agency standards, and have successfully completed environmental studies for over 75 Caltrans/FHWA-funded projects.
Diversity of Transportation Experience
ENPLAN has been assigned responsibility for a wide variety of transportation projects, as listed below. As a result, we have gained a unique understanding of the specific processes and environmental concerns associated with the differing project types.
- New road construction
- Road realignment and widening
- Bridge replacement and rehabilitation
- Seismic safety retrofits
- Bicycle and pedestrian paths
- Culvert replacements
- Airport expansion
- Railroad projects
- Boat ramp replacements
Comprehensive Services and Products
ENPLAN provides a strong technical team to conduct all aspects of environmental compliance – from pre-field research, to environmental analysis/documentation, through to construction and post-construction monitoring and reporting. Our team is well-versed in all aspects of environmental review mandated by Caltrans/FHWA, including:
- Cultural Resources
- Biological Resources
- Air Quality
- Water Quality/Resources
- Visual Resources
- Hazardous Materials/Hazardous Waste
- Section 4(f) and 6(f) Compliance
- Relocation Impacts
- Land Use, Community and Farmland Impacts
For Caltrans/FHWA-funded transportation projects, our work products may include, but are not limited to:
- Preliminary Environmental Studies (PES) and Preliminary Environmental Assessment Reports (PEAR)
- Area of Potential Effects (APE) and Environmental Study Limits (ESL) mapping
- Archaeological Survey Reports(ASR) and Historic Property Survey Reports (HPSR)
- Wetlands Delineation Reports
- Biological Assessments
- Natural Environment Studies (NES) and Minimal Impact Natural Environment Studies (MI/NES)
- Initial Site Assessments (Hazardous Materials Evaluations)
- Water Quality Assessments
- NEPA/CEQA documentation
- Permit application packages
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP) and Water Pollution Control Programs (WCPC)
- Construction and post-construction monitoring reports
Expertise with Federal Procedures
Given the extensive federal land holdings in northern California, it is essential to have an in-depth understanding of the procedures and requirements of the Forest Service and BLM – the ENPLAN team provides this expertise. Our studies have been used as the basis for numerous environmental compliance projects authorized by these federal agencies, including road and bridge projects located on federal lands.
Certified Small Business and DBE/UDBE
ENPLAN is a certified small business. We frequently team with businesses certified as Disadvantaged Business Enterprises and Underutilized Disadvantaged Business Enterprises.
Expert Geospatial Technologies
Our environmental services and reports are enhanced by our strong Geographic Information Systems mapping and analysis capabilities and in-house data. ENPLAN provides precision digital mapping easily shared with project managers, regulatory agencies, engineers, and other interested parties.