ENPLAN has a GIS position open with excellent upside potential. We have very cutting-edge projects underway, both in R&D and contract work. This position supports the development of products and the delivery of services by ENPLAN for both the public and private sectors throughout northern California.
- Collaborate in the design and development of web map platforms.
- Create, obtain, and maintain raster and vector geospatial datasets.
- Process aerial imagery and LiDAR digital elevation data.
- Conduct public data acquisition investigation.
- Create and maintain websites.
- Present deliverables, train end-users, support project implementation.
- Must have BA/BS in Geography, Computer Science, or Software Engineering with solid GIS/geospatial science component.
- Must have Certificate in Geographic Information Systems Science/Technology.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite software (Illustrator, In Design, Photoshop, Flash Professional/Animate).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access)
- Familiarity with relational databases.
- Must be comfortable operating in Linux, Mac OS, and Windows.
- Compelling interest in reaching out to emerging geospatial markets.
- Strong communication skills thorough graphic composition, cartographic design, and writing (spelling and grammar). No shy folks.
- Must be tech savvy and in tune with modern technologies (software and hardware) and possess basic IT troubleshooting capabilities.
- Characteristics an employee must display in the job: initiative, collegiality, resourcefulness, positive go-getter attitude, professionalism, and organized.