ENPLAN is seeking an Environmental Scientist to join our assessment and compliance services team. Beginning pay is dependent on capabilities and experience.
- BS or MS in wildlife or fish management, botany, environmental science or closely related field.
- Substantial (2 years+) hands-on experience related to fish, wildlife, and plant conservation and habitat management; such experience may include working with special-status species, conducting wetland delineations in northern California, and identifying region-specific plant and animal species.
- Excellent technical writing and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with GPS data collection and navigation techniques.
- Working knowledge of GIS software a plus.
- Conduct wildlife surveys, habitat evaluations, and/or general plant surveys.
- Conduct wildlife and/or special-status plant surveys and protocol-level surveys.
- Conduct wetland delineations.
- Conduct construction monitoring.
- Prepare a variety of environmental compliance documents such as Biological Study Reports, Biological Assessments, Aquatic Resource Delineation Reports, and Natural Environment Study reports, and assist with NEPA/CEQA documentation.
- Serve as liaison between various regulatory agencies and clients for environmental permit acquisition and compliance.
- Team with project engineers, site designers, and other specialists engaged in private and public projects.
- Coordinate or assist in the coordination of ENPLAN team member actions.
- Assist with the processing of permits (e.g., Section 404, Section 401, CDFW Section 1600 LSA).
- Interface with regulatory agency and client representatives on all phases of contract performance.
- Assist with formulation of work programs, budgets, and proposals.
Email your resume, two writing samples from your academic or professional experience, and other example work products you may wish to share to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also choose to provide a letter describing your interest in becoming a member of the ENPLAN team, carrying out the functions required for the position, and being located in the Redding area.