The successful candidate will support the work of the environmental services team on projects for both public and private sectors throughout northern California.
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with clients, subcontractors, agencies, and Native American representatives
- Prepare scopes of work and budgets based on project requirements
- Conduct pre-field research and records searches
- Develop archaeological research designs
- Conduct fieldwork including monitoring, survey, and excavation
- Prepare reports and eligibility evaluations in support of Section 106/CEQA/NEPA compliance
- M.A. or M.S. in Anthropology, Archaeology, or closely related field
- One year of full-time professional experience or equivalent minimum
- Specialized training in archeological research, administration or management
- Minimum of 6 months of supervised field and analytic experience in California or Great Basin
- Strong understanding of federal and state environmental regulations including NEPA, CEQA, and Section 106 of the NHPA
- Demonstrated ability to carry research to completion
- Registered Professional Archaeologist, or qualifications to become registered upon hire
- Ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing, to the public, government employees, and other entities
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- One year or more of experience in Northern California or Great Basin archaeology
- Experience with Caltrans projects and familiarity with Caltrans Standard Environmental Reference
- Proficiency with ESRI ArcGIS software
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must be able to walk on uneven and mountainous terrain up to eight miles per day as well as lift and move up to 75 pounds.
ENPLAN offers an outstanding professional work environment. Employee work hours are flexible. Benefits available include company health and dental insurance cost share, retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave, and professional development. We maintain a secular and tobacco-free work environment.
ENPLAN is an environmental and geospatial information services company located in Redding, CA. We are committed to leading-edge quality and innovation in the solutions we deliver. We work with both public and private sectors throughout northern California. ENPLAN has served over 500 clients since inception in 1980. We offer an outstanding professional work environment and flexible work schedules. Learn more about us at www.enplan.com.
Email us your resume, writing and other work-product samples. Describe your interest in environmental science and planning, and being located in the Redding area.